Fig Date Crumble
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 50 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- Ghee or coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 cup dried Turkish or black mission figs
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a round pie tin or pan with ghee or coconut oil.
- Soak figs and dates in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Combine dates and figs in a food processor with 1/4 cup hot water. Process until smooth, adding more water if needed. The result should be a thick, smooth mixture. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, flour, and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg.
- Combine the maple syrup mixture and dry ingredients and mix well. The result should be a crumbly mixture, moist but not wet.
- Place 3/4 of the crust in the baking pan and use clean hands and a spoon to mold the crust to the bottom of the pan. Use a spatula to layer the date-fig filling evenly across the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crust over top the date fig filling.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely, and then cut into 8 slices. Cover or transfer to an air tight container or zip lock bag in the fridge.
- To serve, enjoy straight from the fridge or warmed in the microwave (25 seconds) or oven (4 minutes in a 350 degree oven).