Flax Seed Crackers with Chia Jam
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings / about 36 crackers and 1 ½ cups jam
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup flaxmeal
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups strawberries, top removed, berries quartered
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2-4 drops stevia
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Peel bananas and break them into several smaller pieces. Add then to a mixing bowl and mash using a potato mashed or a fork, until smooth (or as smooth as possible!)
- Add flaxmeal and sesame seeds and mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes (preheat the oven to 350 degrees F)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop a little bit more than ½ a tablespoon of batter and place it on the baking sheet. Gently flatten into a ¼ “ thick round, about 2” in diameter. Repeat this process with the remaining batter, placing crackers cloth together but not touching. The goal is to have about 36 crackers.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each cracker over. Bake for an addition 8-12 minutes, or until just starting to brown and crisp up. (Prepare chia jam while crackers are baking)
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then transfer to an air tight container or zip lock bag. Store in the fridge.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium sauce pan over low. Place berries in sauce pan and cook until berries are heated through and start to become soft (around 8 minutes). Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash the berries using a fork. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Transfer to a sealable jar or air tight container and store in the fridge.
- To serve, enjoy about 6 crackers with ¼ cup jam