The foundation of the 5 Seasons Diet plan is utilizing food as proactive health and medicine. Specifically, vitamin and mineral rich, organic, whole foods free from added sugar, refined grains, chemical additives, sprays, and hormones. These harmful additives are the root causes of inflammation, and inflammation is the cause of many chronic diseases and health conditions.
The majority of Americans today are overfed and undernourished, through no fault of their own. The standard American diet that is consumed through fast food, restaurants, and grocery stores is loaded with sugar, unhealthy fats, and salt. This combination is addicting, and leads to disease.
We must consider that the leading causes of death today are no longer from infectious and communicable diseases. Instead, they are from chronic diseases that can be avoided and even treated through diet and lifestyle changes but instead are seen as part of the natural process of aging, and are managed through a band-aid of costly prescription drugs.
What correlates with this shift in disease paradigm is our shift towards a global industrial food system, increased sugar consumption, and decreased healthy fat consumption. We have become the guinea pigs of the industrial food system, and we can see the effects of this experiment all around us. Big food corporations are getting richer while those who consume their products are getting sicker. With this in mind, we must consider real whole foods our best source of preventative medicine.
Organic whole foods have the power to provide our bodies with the nutrition needed to prevent many of the chronic diseases, ailments, and daily aches and pains that are present in people’s lives.
The elimination of processed and refined foods, added sugar, and vegetable oils, and the introduction of The 5 Seasons Diet plan, will most likely lead to 1 or more of the following side effects:
- A stronger immune system
- Increased energy
- Better moods
- Elimination or reduction of sugar cravings
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved digestion
- Fewer aches and pains
- Elimination of yo-yo dieting
- Reversal of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure
- Mental clarity
- Weight loss
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Reduction or elimination of prescription medications
- Increased motivation
- Cravings for fresh vegetables
- A healthier relationship with food
- Clearer, brighter skin
- A greater understanding of where food comes from and how it is produced
- More joy in your life
- Reduced seasonal allergies
- A new understanding of how food affects your body
- Freedom to eat and enjoy real food, even fat
- People commenting that you look great, or that there is something different about you
- Positive thoughts, feelings, and attitude
- The chance that your own positivity might spread to those around you