Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 9-11 minutes / Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 12 servings + 3 extra for special friends
Nutritional Corner: The benefit of blackstrap molasses is that it’s unlike refined sugar, which has zero nutritional value. Blackstrap molasses contains vital minerals and vitamins, such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium. Blackstrap molasses is considered a Superfood due to its strong nutritional value.
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together butter, coconut sugar, and maple syrup until mixed well.
- Add molasses and egg, whisking until mixed well.
- Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, again mixing well.
- Add arrowroot starch and almond flour, stirring until well combined.
- Drop by spoonful onto the parchment paper. Give plenty of room as these cookies spread out while cooking and make large flat, chewie cookies. Six per sheet is maximum amount.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are slightly crispy and the center is cooked through.
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Place 6 cookies in a Tupperware container to enjoy through the week. Put parchment or wax paper between them (they like to snuggle).
- Freeze 6 additional cookies to enjoy in the upcoming week. Place wax paper or parchment paper between them to avoid sticking together.
- Take 3 additional cookies and spread the love to people you care about.