Grilled* Heritage Pork Chops with Fresh Peach Salad
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 8-10 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Makes 2 servings with leftover salad for a snack tomorrow
- 2 bone-in pork chops, 3/4” thick
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 ripe peaches, each pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, cut into ¼” slices OR ¼ cup chopped chives
- 6 cups mixed lettuces
- Balsamic Vinaigrette from Day 2
- Preheat grill to high. Pat pork chops dry and sprinkle with thyme. Set aside.
- Divide salad ingredients: for each of 4 salads use 1 ½ cups lettuce, 8 peach wedges, ¼ cup tomatoes, and one sliced scallion (or 1 tablespoon chives). Just before serving, add 1 tablespoon of dressing per salad. (Package two salads and dressing for a snack tomorrow.)
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Allow pork chops to rest 5 minutes and serve with salad.
*Alternatively, pork chops can be broiled. Set oven rack 4-5 inches from the flame and broil 4-5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.