Hemp Clusters, Fruit, & Cashew Milk
Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 7 minutes / Requires overnight soaking of nuts
Makes 4 servings
- Cashew Milk:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water overnight
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey, optional
- Nut milk bag
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Milk: Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Pour into a high speed blender along with 4 cups water and blend on high for 30 seconds. Secure a nut milk bag over a wide bowl and strain the milk into the bowl. Gently squeeze the nut milk bag to release all of the milk. Discard the pulp. Whisk in 1-2 teaspoons raw honey if desired. Transfer to a mason jar or sealable container and store in the fridge.
- Clusters: Line a baking sheet with all natural parchment paper. Mix together hemp seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt in one bowl, and maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon zest in another.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add chopped walnuts. Cook until toasted and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Lower heat to low and add hemp seed mix and stir, 1 minute more. Add maple syrup mix and continue stirring, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and mix in goji berries and cacao nibs. Transfer to your prepared baking sheet in an even layer and let cool completely. Once cool, use your hands to break apart into clusters. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.
- To serve: enjoy about 1/2 cup clusters topped with cashew milk and 1/4 cup fresh raspberries.