Hot Cocoa with Whipped Cream
Active Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings hot cocoa and 6 servings whipped cream
- Hot Cocoa:
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/6 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch cardamom
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Whipped Cream:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- To make the whipped cream, add heavy cream and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Use a hand blender, starting on a low setting and increasing to high, to whip. Once it starts to whip, 1-2 minutes, add the honey. Continue to whip until thick fluffy peaks form. 1-2 minutes more. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the hot cocoa, heat almond milk on low in a small pot. Once simmering (don’t let it reach a rolling bowl), remove from heat. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- To serve, divide hot cocoa between two mugs and top with a tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Cover or wrap remaining whipped cream and store in the fridge. You may need to re-whip the cream on Day 5.