Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 10-15 minutes / Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 4 gluten-free corn tortillas
- ½ cup rinsed and drained black beans (or use beans reserved from Day 6)
- ½ cup organic salsa verde, or other organic salsa of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco OR shredded Tex-Mex blend cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place 2 tortillas on the baking sheet so that they are mostly overlapping each other. Repeat with the other 2 tortillas. Set aside.
- Coarsely mash ½ of the black beans with a fork. Combine with the un-mashed beans and spread ¼ cup bean mixture on each stack of tortillas.
- Spread ¼ cup salsa on each stack of tortillas.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ghee and swirl to coat the pan. Gently crack the eggs into the pan and cook on the first side for 2 minutes. Flip, cook 30 seconds, and turn off the heat. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Top each stack of tortillas with an egg. Sprinkle cheese evenly on each, and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has just started to melt and the beans are warmed through.
- Place a tortilla stack on each of two plates. Sprinkle evenly with scallions and cilantro, if using. Serve.