Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 27 minutes / Total Time: 37 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound curly kale
- ½-1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large cookie tray with all natural parchment paper.
- Tear kale leaves away from their stems, creating medium sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with coconut oil, and using clean hands, massage oil into kale leaves. I usually pour a small amount of oil onto my hand, and then massage the kale. You want every leaf to be lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt, and chili powder and mix well. Place leaves onto a baking sheet in a single layer (use 2 trays if needed) and bake for 12 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove from oven and give the chips a stir. Return to oven for 12-15 minutes more, or until crispy.
- Enjoy as a snack, reserving half in a secure airtight container at room temperature.