Late Summer Frittata
Active Time: 25-30 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, sliced ¼”
- 2 cups spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Melt ghee in a medium ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until just wilted. Spread vegetables in even layer across bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, herb(s), salt and pepper until combined and pour into the pan. Swirl to allow the egg to run to the edges of the pan. Once the egg begins to set around the edges, use a silicone spatula to gently pull them away from the sides of the pan, tilting the pan to let the uncooked egg run under the cooked. Let eggs set at the edges again and repeat. Repeat one more time, and then transfer the frittata to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until egg is fully cooked on top and a little puffed up.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Warm up or enjoy cold on Days 2 and 4.