Maple Shallot Vinaigrette
Makes 1 cup
* Chef’s Tip: Making Dressings in your Food Processor
If you would like an emulsified or “creamy” appearance for your dressings, make them in a food processor. Place all ingredients except for oil in your processor. Begin to process and add oil slowly in a steady stream.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots (or 1 small bulb, peeled, if using a food processor)
- Pinch of dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shaking vigorously*.