Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 9 tablespoons warm water
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 7 fresh dates, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, drained, and pitted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with 12 liners, or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxmeal and water. Mix and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, matcha powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until broken down, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a small bowl whisk together vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine. Add dates and mix until incorporated. The batter should be moist, but not runny.
- Scoop batter into each of 12 muffin trays, filling each liner almost to the top (these muffins will not rise very much).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, and the tops are just starting to brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Store 6 muffins in the fridge to enjoy this week, and 6 in the freezer for next week.
- To serve, enjoy straight from the fridge or warm up in the oven or microwave. From the freezer, microwave each muffin for 20-30 seconds, or warm in a 275 degree oven for 10 minutes.