Muffin-Cup Frittatas with Almond Bread*
Read through this recipe before beginning, and start on the frittatas once the bread is in the oven.
For the Almond Flour Bread Loaf: Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes / Total Time: 55 minutes
Makes 1 loaf, 10 slices
For the Muffin-Cup Frittatas: Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 12 mini-frittatas
- Almond Flour Bread Loaf:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more to grease your loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Muffin-Cup Frittatas:
- 2 teaspoons ghee, plus more for the muffin tin
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ oz. baby spinach, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles OR goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ avocado, sliced, to serve
Almond Flour Bread Loaf:
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a 5 x 9 loaf pan by very lightly greasing it using a paper towel and small amount of melted coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 mins or until golden brown on top and cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The bread is ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Carefully remove from loaf pan by flipping it upside down on a countertop. Lift up and allow your loaf to slide out. Flip loaf right side up and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium heat and add the scallions and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add spinach to vegetables and cook, stirring, until the spinach is just wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and divide vegetables evenly between the muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the water, salt, and pepper. Pour or spoon eggs over vegetables, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, or until eggs are just set. Run a spatula around the frittatas to loosen, and serve 2 frittatas with 1 slice almond flour bread and 2 slices avocado per person.
*Save leftover bread and frittatas for snacks next week. Wrap bread in plastic and store in the fridge. Store frittatas in an airtight container and refrigerate.