No Bake Cheese Cake Bars
Active Time: 20 minutes / Chill Time: Overnight
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds
- 4-5 dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes if not soft and fresh
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (use the cream on top)
- To make the crust, add almonds and 7 dates to a food processor and process until a sticky “dough” forms. Add more dates if needed until you have a consistency that sticks when pressed together, but is not too moist.
- Scoop dough into a 8 x 6 or 12 x 4 baking tin. Use your hands to mold the crust evenly across the bottom. Use a spoon to make a flat, even crust. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Add cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and cream to a mixing bowl and use a hand blender to whip until thick and creamy. Spread filling evenly over crust, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve or store, slice into 8 slices or squares, cleaning your knife between each slice. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Thaw as needed by letting 1 or 2 slices sit at room temperature for 20 minutes (these are also delicious straight out of the freezer!).