No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: none / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes approximately 20 cookies Serving size: 2 cookies
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup pecans (can omit)
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼-1/2 cup natural peanut OR sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips (we like Lily’s sugar-free brand)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulse oats, pecans, dates, ¼ cup peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in the food processor until combined. Scrape into a medium bowl.
- Stir chocolate chips into oat mixture. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into your palm; it should hold together without crumbling. If not, add additional peanut butter by tablespoons until it does.
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet, flattening slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate cookies until set. Transfer to an airtight container, separating each layer of cookies with parchment (it’s fine to reuse the paper from the baking sheet) or wax paper. Cookies can also be frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.