Active Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings, 16 rolls
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 scant teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 nori sheets
- Combine hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, chia seeds, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder in a food processor. Pulse until broken down. Add water and tamari. Pulse a few more times, until mixture holds together.
- Prepare your nori sheets. Stack the 2 sheets together and use a sharp knife or scissors to cut them in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half again, yielding 4 long stacks of 2 strips each. Cut each stack in half crosswise, yielding 16 individual strips of nori.
- Fill a small bowl with water. To make each roll, take 1 piece of nori and set it flat on a work surface. Dip your fingertips in water and very gently and lightly coat the nori in water using your fingertips. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of filling and shape it into a tootsie roll shape. Place this on the bottom edge of the nori piece and roll it up like sushi.
- Secure the roll with a brushing of water. Repeat for remaining 15 rolls.
- Store rolls in an airtight container at room temperature.
- To serve, enjoy 2 rolls per person as a snack.