Old Fashioned Blueberry Pancakes
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves 2 + a leftover serving for the freezer or to share
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dry roasted pecans, finely chopped**
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- Grass-fed butter & maple syrup or raw honey to serve
- Whisk together dry ingredients including the roasted pecans.
- In a separate small bowl combine vanilla, almond milk, and eggs - whisking until smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until fully combined.
- Add the blueberries and gently combine into the batter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter.
- Once the butter has melted, pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until small bubbles form, about 3-4 minutes, and flip. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the pancake is cooked through.
- Once cooked transfer to a plate and top with a small amount of butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!
*You can either use a knife to finely chop the pecans or use a mini food processor which does the work in a snap!