Active Time: 12 minutes / Cook Time: 10-12 minutes / Total Time: 12-14 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Nuts for Protein!
Did you know that 1/4 cup of mixed nuts contains 5 grams of protein, while ¼ cup of pepitas contains 8g? Add in protein from coconut, an egg, and hemp and we’re looking at close to 20 grams of protein per serving, an excellent way to start your day!
- ½ cup mixed raw nuts, or single nut of choice
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk*
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
*Our recipes mostly call for almond milk as our dairy substitute. However, feel free to experiment with other options out there! Cashew, hemp, coconut, flax, and macadamia are all excellent choices. And don’t forget about the option to make your own nut, seed, or nutseed combination milk at home. Refer to your Getting Started Guide to take advantage of all of the health (and money saving) benefits of homemade nut milk.
- Grind raw nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes in a food processor, blender, or nutribullet.
- Add ground mixture plus cinnamon and sea salt to a medium skillet over mediumlow. Toast mix until fragrant and starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add almond milk, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add eggs, return to a simmer, and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in hemp seeds, and divide between 2 bowls. Top with additional milk if desired.