Papaya Coconut Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
When choosing a papaya, look for skin that is almost evenly gold and green. It should yield to gentle pressure, like a ripe avocado. If the store only has unripe papayas, buy them a few days before you need them and let them sit on the counter for two to three days.
- 1 ½ cups full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 small papaya, halved with seeds removed, about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 small or 1 medium/large celery stalk, rinsed (about 1 heaping ¼ cup chopped)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-4 drops stevia, to taste (optional)
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- Ice, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to a glass or a mason jar to take to-go.