Parsley & Pea Soup
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- Heat the oil or ghee in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Sauté onions until soft and translucent, about 4-6 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook one minute.
- Add broth, bring to a simmer.
- Add peas and parsley, stir just to wilt parsley and turn off the heat. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer half of the soup (Careful! It’s hot!) to a blender, remove the center of the lid, cover with a kitchen towel, and process until smooth. Add to a bowl and repeat with the other half of the soup. Stir in the lemon juice and salt. Drizzle with olive oil, if using.
- Let cool completely. Store 4 servings in separate containers in the fridge, and 2 servings in separate containers in the freezer for lunch on Days 1, 3, and 7.
- This soup is delicious cold, warm, or at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1- 1 ½ cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth, depending on desired consistency
- 20 oz. green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups slightly packed parsley leaves (smaller, more tender stems are fine, but avoid the thicker ones)
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)