Parsley, Pear, & Chickpea Smoothie Bowl
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Eating slower in order to improve digestion
Many of us eat on the go, eat while driving, and eat in 2 minutes flat if that is all the time we have available. Unfortunately, no matter how healthy we eat, if our body is not digesting properly, we fail to benefit from these healthy food choices. In order to digest properly, we must slow down, and only eat when we are calm, rather than stressed. This smoothie bowl allows you to sit down and consume your smoothie a little slower than you probably would normally. Practice mindful eating by taking the time to eat breakfast apart from watching TV, talking on the phone, or rushing to get to work.
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened hemp milk or nondairy milk of choice
- 2/3 cup garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- 1 large pear, ripe
- ½- ¾ cup packed parsley, leaves and tender stems
- ¼ avocado
- Dash sea salt
- 4-6 drops stevia
- Toppings (per person): 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon goji berries (soaked in hot water for 1 minute), ¼ apple (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Add all ingredients except toppings to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed to facilitate blending, however, try not to thin out this mixture too much. You want it to be a thick smoothie you can eat with a spoon. Pour mixture into 2 serving bowls and add toppings.
Goji Berries can be eaten raw or soaked. If you like a more crunchy texture, leave them as-is and add to the toppings. If you like a softer quality soak them first.