Active Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 4 cups
- 4 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 1 sweet bell pepper (cut into ¼” strips).
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place carrot sticks, pepper strips, and cauliflower florets in 2 quart-sized mason jars.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, add vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot pickling brine over cut vegetables until just submerged. Keep on counter until liquid cools naturally (3-4 hrs).
- Cover and refrigerate. You will use these for a snack Day 2, dinner Day 3, and optionally dinner Day 7.