Pizza Night! Blue Cheese, Walnut, & Pear with field greens
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 35-40 minutes / Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed from the stem
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopping walnuts
- 1 large ripe pear, cored and sliced into thin strips
- For the Crust:
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Field Greens:
- 6 cups field greens, divided
- 4 tablespoons Honey-Lemon Dressing from Day 4, divided
- Make balsamic reduction: heat balsamic vinegar in a medium nonreactive saucepan until bubbling (turn on your kitchen fan if you have one!) Keep at a low simmer for about 10- 15 minutes, stirring constantly. When it coats the back of a spoon, and is reduced by about a 1/3, it is ready. It will thicken up more as it cools. Let cool and then transfer to a Mason jar and store in the fridge for several hours.
- Make rosemary oil: combine olive oil and rosemary in a small bowl and set aside while you make the rest of dinner.
- Make crust: preheat oven to 425° F. Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir almond flour into cheese mixture, and then add eggs and oregano. The eggs will resist combining, but keep at it! If the dough seems “stringy,” microwave another 20 seconds and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wet your hands, dump the crust onto the baking sheet (reserve the bowl), and spread the crust into a rectangle about 1/8” thick. Keep your hands lightly moistened to facilitate spreading. Poke the crust all over with a fork and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Place crust in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Check to see if the crust is bubbling up; if so, pop the bubbles with a fork. Continue baking for 6-7 more minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned. Remove from oven, top with another piece of parchment, and very carefully (it’s hot!) flip the crust over. Remove what was the bottom sheet of parchment and discard.
- In a mixing bowl, toss 3 cups field greens with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Top crust with a thin layer rosemary oil, 2-3 tablespoons. Add a layer of sliced pear and then crumble blue cheese on top and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic reduction, 2-3 tablespoons.
- Cut pizza into 10 slices. Serve 3 slices per person for dinner, along with 1/2 of the salad per person. Package up remaining pizza, field greens, and dressing for lunch tomorrow.
- Store leftover rosemary oil at room temperature, and leftover balsamic vinegar in the fridge. These can be drizzled on salads or meals in the future (Day 7).