Pizza Night! Cherry Tomato, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella
Active Time: 45 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Total Time: 60 minutes
Makes 2 servings, plus leftover salad and dressing
- 3 medium zucchini, grated (4 cups)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (leftover from week 2)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 15 fresh basil leaves, plus more if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼- ½ ” rounds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or whole, peeled, if using a food processor)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (liquid)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups field greens
- ½ cucumber, sliced into half moons
- ¼ red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 4 radish, sliced into half moons
- Preheat the oven to 500° F. If you have a pizza stone, have it in the oven. If not, place an upside-down baking sheet in the oven. Place a sheet of parchment on the counter, large enough to hold a 12” pizza.
- Toss the zucchini and salt in a colander; set in the sink to drain for 10-15 minutes. Prep your topping ingredients while you wait. Transfer zucchini to paper towel and gently squeeze to soak up any remaining water.
- Place the zucchini, nutritional yeast, mozzarella, almond flour, oregano, and garlic in a large bowl and toss with your hands to combine. Add the egg and incorporate well.
- Place the zucchini mixture on the parchment and using your hands, spread it to form a circle about 1/3” thick. Make the outer edges a little thicker, to act as a barrier for the ingredients. Transfer the parchment to the heated pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust starts to brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare your salad dressing by combining vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, honey, and olive oil in a mason jar or small food processor. Shake vigorously until combined or blend until smooth. Combine salad vegetable in a large mixing bowl.
- Carefully remove the crust to another upside-down baking sheet or cooling rack. Lower the oven temperature to 350.
- Spoon on tomato sauce in 1 even layer. Top with a layer of basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake an additional 4-5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove pizza from the oven and slice in 4-6 pieces.
- Serve pizza alongside a small serving of salad with 1-2 tablespoons dressing per person.
- If you have 2 remaining pizza slices, package them up for lunch tomorrow, along with two large servings of salad and 1-2 tablespoons dressing per person.
- Store leftover dressing in the fridge and use Day 7.