Pizza Night! Pepper, Tomato, and Goat Cheese with Roasted Broccoli
Active Time: 40 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Makes 4 servings pizza, plus leftover roasted vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings (you’ll use the rest tomorrow)
- 2 oz. crumbled goat or feta cheese
- pinch fine sea salt extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 head broccoli, separated into florets, stem peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil, melted
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prep the broccoli: toss broccoli with coconut oil, salt, and pepper and place on a sheet pan.
- Whisk together all of the crust ingredients and let sit while you prepare the toppings.
- To make the crust, turn on your oven's broiler and place a rack as close to the flame as possible.
- Line a 10 X 12-inch square baking tray with all natural parchment paper. Use your hands to mold the parchment around corners, and cut to fit the baking dish as best you can.
- Pour liquid flatbread crust into your prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven for about 8 minutes. Add the sheet pan of broccoli to the bottom rack of the oven. Be careful here, and watch the entire time. Each oven is different, and times may vary. The crust is done when it starts to look crispy around the edges and lightly browned throughout. If your broiler does not have a flame, your crust will not get as browned.
- Remove crust from oven and wearing oven mitts, flip the parchment paper over so that the crust is now crispy side down on the baking tray. Carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Return the crust to the oven to crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Again, watch the crust closely so it does not burn. Once browned, remove crust and lower the oven to 400° F. Stir the broccoli and return to the oven.
- Scatter the garlic over the crust, and then add the pepper, onion, and tomato. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Return to the top rack of the oven and bake until the vegetables just start to soften, 6-8 minutes. Remove pizza and broccoli from oven; top pizza with cheese and olive oil.
- Cut pizza into 10 pieces. Serve 3 pieces per person, plus 1/4 of the broccoli for dinner. Package remaining 4 pieces and broccoli in airtight containers for lunch tomorrow.