Pizza Night! Pesto, Rapini, & Cherry Tomato with field greens
Active Time: 45-50 minutes / Cook Time: 30-35 minutes / Total Time: 75-85 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- For the Crust:
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bunch rapini (broccoli rabe), bottom inch removed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup arugula pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Field Greens:
- 6 cups field greens, divided
- 2-6 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette, divided
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir almond flour into cheese mixture, and then add eggs and oregano. The eggs will resist combining, but keep at it! If the dough seems “stringy,” microwave another 20 seconds and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wet your hands, dump the crust onto the baking sheet (reserve the bowl), and spread the crust into a rectangle about 1/8” thick. Keep your hands lightly moistened to facilitate spreading. Poke the crust all over with a fork and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Place crust in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Check to see if the crust is bubbling up; if so, pop the bubbles with a fork. Continue baking for 6-7 more minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned. Remove from oven, top with another piece of parchment, and very carefully (it’s hot!) flip the crust over. Remove what was the bottom sheet of parchment and discard.
- While crust is baking, heat 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add rapini, garlic, chili flakes, and sea salt. Sauté until rapini is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- While pizza is baking, in a medium bowl, toss together 3 cups field greens with 2 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette.
- Evenly coat the pizza crust with a layer of pesto (1/2 – 1 cup, depending on your preference). Top with rapini, cherry tomatoes, and olives. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, if using.
- Cut pizza into 10 slices. Serve 3 slices per person for dinner, along with half of the field greens, topping with a little extra dressing if desired.
- Package up remaining pizza plus 1 1/2 cups field greens and a side of dressing per person for lunch tomorrow.