Poached Egg, Vegetable Hash, and Fresh Herbs
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (about 6-8 oz.)
- 1 small zucchini or summer squash, chopped (about 4-6 oz.)
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup mixed soft herbs of your choosing (chives, basil, parsley, chervil, dill, tarragon, mint, cilantro)
- Dash of fine sea salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Bring 2 cups water and vinegar to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Melt coconut oil or ghee in a medium skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat. Sauté bell pepper and zucchini until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add tomatoes, spinach, and a pinch of salt and pepper, stir to combine, cook one minute, and then cover and turn off the heat.
- To poach your eggs, adjust heat so that your water is simmering gently. Carefully crack each egg into the water and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the whites firm up.
- Transfer half of the vegetable hash and one egg to each of two plates. Sprinkle 1/4 cup fresh herbs over each plate and serve.