Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 quart / 4 cups water
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 eggs
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 4 slices zucchini bread
- Bring water and lemon juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- While your water is heating, use a spoon to scoop avocado slices out of their peel. Add avocado slices to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add cilantro and salsa and mix together until a spread-able, creamy consistency is reached.
- Gently add cracked eggs to water and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and pat on a kitchen towel to remove any excess water.
- While your eggs are poaching, toast bread on the stovetop in a dry skillet (over low-medium heat).
- Plate 2 tortillas on each serving plate. Top each slice of bread with avocado salsa and top with a poached egg and dash of sea salt and pepper.