Pumpkin Cheese Cake Bars
Active Time: 15 minutes / Freeze Time: at least 4 hours
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 8 dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1/6 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (use the cream on top) or cream
- To make the crust, add almonds and dates to a food processor and process until a sticky “dough” forms. Add more dates or nuts if needed until you have a consistency that sticks when pressed together, but is not too moist.
- Scoop dough into a 8 x 6 or 12 x 4 baking tin. Use your hands to mold the crust evenly across the bottom. Use a spoon to make a flat, even crust. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Add cream cheese, maple syrup, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, vanilla, and cream to a mixing bowl and use a hand blender to whip until thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Keep in mind the pumpkin and spice flavors will lessen slightly once frozen. Spread filling evenly over crust, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To serve and store, slice into 8 squares, cleaning your knife between each slice. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer. Thaw as needed (6 this week and 2 next week) by letting individual portions sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or microwave for 18 seconds.