Pumpkin Chia Pudding
Active Time: 10 minutes / Soak Time: Overnight
Makes 2 servings
*Nutrition Corner: Stevia
Stevia is a sweet extract of the Stevia rebaudiana leaf, native to Brazil and Paraguay. Stevia is a great alternative to other sweeteners because it does not impact blood sugar levels or glucose. When buying stevia, it is important to buy an organic pure leaf stevia. Check the ingredient list and make sure pure organic stevia leaf is the only ingredient. Stevia is about 300 times sweeter than sugar, so only a very small amount is needed. I prefer to use liquid stevia in smoothies and desserts, but powdered can also be used.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
- Toppings (per person): small handful dry roasted pecans, 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients, minus toppings to a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Divide into 2 serving bowls, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, uncover, add toppings, and enjoy.