Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin pure, from one 15-ounce can (reserve the remaining puree in a storage jar for breakfast Day 1)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (We love Lily’s no sugar added brand)
- 12 muffin liners
- Ghee, to garnish (optional)
- Muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add pumpkin, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs to your blender. Blend until mixed well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Prepare a muffin tray with 12 muffin liners. Scoop batter into each slot, just below full.
- Bake until starting to brown on top and until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Store 6 muffins in an airtight container in the fridge, to enjoy this week, and 6 muffins in an airtight container in the freezer, to enjoy next week.
- To serve, warm in the oven or microwave (optional), and enjoy topped with a dollop of ghee (optional).