Raw Brownie Bites
Active Time: 20 minutes
Makes 14 bites, 14 servings
Nutrition Corner: Cacao
Cacao powder is derived from the seeds of Cacao fruit and is used to make chocolate. While sugar-laden chocolate bars are far from a health food, raw cacao powder is a Mayan superfood! Cacao is rich in magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. It has been used traditionally for thousands of years, and is at the heart of South American culture.
- 1 ½ cups dry roasted unsalted mixed nuts
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted (around 18)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until broken down.
- Add cacao powder and salt and process to combine.
- Add dates 1 at a time while the processor is running.
- Add maple syrup while the processor is running.
- Using clean hands, form the dough into 14 equal sized bites.
- Place bites in a sealable container and store in the fridge until needed Week 1 and Week 2.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge or at room temperature.