Roasted Chicken Thighs with Scallions and Green Beans
Active Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 20-25 minutes / Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 bunch scallions, both ends trimmed but otherwise left whole
- ½ lb. green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Sauce: (optional, but delicious!)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, tarragon, and parsley mix
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard (Dijon will work if you do not have whole grain.)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Right on the baking sheet, toss the scallions and green beans with ½ tablespoon ghee, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Place skin-side up on top of the scallion mixture. Roast 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when the bottom of a thigh is cut into. The skin should be crispy.
- While the chicken and vegetables are roasting, whisk together the sauce ingredients, if using.
- Place ½ of the vegetable mixture on each of two plates, top each with 2 chicken thighs and the sauce.