Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 2 snack servings, plus leftovers
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried with a clean kitchen towel
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Zest of ½ lemon, optional
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Make sure chickpeas are dry and toss with melted coconut oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning; spread on baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes. When the chickpeas are golden and slightly darkened in spots, dry and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, they are done. Remove from oven, sprinkle with lemon zest if using, and let cool. They will crisp up further as they cool.
- Enjoy ½ cup per person as a snack.
- Once cooled completely, store remaining chickpeas in an airtight container in the fridge. They can be used as a topping for tomorrow’s dinner, or eaten as a snack.