Roasted Cod with Scallions, Potatoes, & Broccoli
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 27-30 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bunch scallions, 2 of them thinly sliced, the remainder trimmed and left whole
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided (feel free to use sweet or hot paprika, instead)
- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless cod, halibut, or striped bass fillets
- ½ cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the coconut oil with the potatoes, broccoli, onion, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and ½ teaspoon smoked paprika.
- Transfer only the potatoes, cut sides up, to the baking sheet. Roast for 12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and onions to the potatoes, stir, and roast for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, pat the cod filets dry and sprinkle evenly with the remaining salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Clear space on the baking sheet for the cod fillets by using a spatula to scoot the vegetables to the sides. Place the cod on the baking sheet, top with the whole scallions, and drizzle with any oil remaining in the bowl (a silicone spatula will help you scrape all of the goodness out of the bowl). Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cod flakes easily, depending on thickness of the fillets. If the fillets vary in thickness, remove them as they are done.
- Place ¼ of the vegetables and 1 cod filet on each of two plates. Top each with a sprinkle of sliced scallions, 2 tablespoons each chopped almonds and parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
- Package remaining cod, vegetables, and toppings in airtight containers for lunches tomorrow. Refrigerate until needed.