Roasted Leeks & Brussel Sprouts
Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bunch baby leeks or 1 small/medium leek
- ½ pound Brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Juice of ½ a lemon, divided
- ¼ cup low sodium broth
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Trim the leeks by slicing the root ends off and part of the green tops (you want to use the white and pale green part of each leek). Cut in half lengthwise. Rinse well to remove any dirt, and pat dry.
- Transfer Brussel sprouts to a mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon ghee, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Place in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, transfer leeks to a mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon ghee, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove sprouts from the oven, mix in leeks, and add broth.
- Return to the oven and roast until Brussel sprouts are fork tender and the liquid is gone, about 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate.
- To serve, enjoy ¼ of the veggies per serving per person as a snack.