Roasted Shrimp* and Tomatoes with Quinoa
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 2 servings
*Feel free to substitute ½ lb. cod, cut into chunks, for the shrimp. Roast the cod for 8-10 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- ½ cup quinoa, soaked overnight if possible, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil OR ghee
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place quinoa, water, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan with a lid. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat but leave the lid on and let the quinoa steam until ready to serve.
- While the quinoa cooks, in a large bowl, toss the shrimp and cherry tomatoes with the coconut oil, Italian seasoning, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place the mixture on the baking sheet in an even layer and roast, stirring once, for 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked (it will be pink, and curl in on itself slightly; if the shrimp cooks faster than the tomatoes, remove to a plate and keep warm) and the tomatoes are starting to burst.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the shrimp and tomatoes on the pan. Toss lightly.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and place ½ of the quinoa on each of two plates. Top with the shrimp and tomatoes, sprinkle with the basil, if using, and serve.