Rooibos Ginger Iced Tea
Active Time: 5 minutes / Steep Time and Cool Time: about 90 minutes
Makes 6 Servings / 9 cups
- 6 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf Rooibos tea, or 4 tea bags
- Raw honey, to taste
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium pot and then add ginger and tea. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 20 minutes. Uncover and add in 2 cups cold water.
- Pour tea through a fine sieve or double layered cheesecloth into 2 quart sized mason jars. Once the tea is cooled, but is still very slightly warm, add 1 tablespoon honey to each quart.
- Store in the fridge.
- To serve, pour 8 ounces over ice. Add a little more honey to taste (optional).