Sesame Orange Date Balls
Active Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 (8 servings)
- 2 cups dates, pitted (soak in warm water for 5 minutes if the dates are not moist and fresh)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut butter (you can substitute almond or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 1 small orange)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (from 1 small orange)
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Line a baking tray or plate (large enough to hold 8 bite sized date balls) with parchment paper.
- Combine dates, coconut butter, orange zest, and orange juice in a food processor and process until a thick sticky paste forms.
- Layer the sesame seeds across a small plate.
- Using clean hands (wet your fingers to make this process less sticky) scoop 1 tablespoon of paste out of the processor, and roll into a small ball. Roll lightly in sesame seeds and plate on the parchment paper lined tray or plate.
- Repeat with remaining paste to make 8 balls. Refrigerate until solid, and then transfer to a zip lock bag or airtight container and store in the freezer. Enjoy straight from the freezer.