Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into ½” strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into ½” strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-5 heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped (to equal about 3 cups)
- 1 fresh serrano chili, sliced with seeds and ribs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a medium oven-safe sauce pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, onions, garlic, and black pepper, and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, serrano chili, and smoked paprika and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- If your skillet is not oven-safe, transfer tomato sauce to a baking dish. The dish should be small enough that the sauce is at least 1” thick.
- Using the back of a spoon, create four wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley.