Sheet-pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes / Total Time: 40-45 minutes
Makes 2 servings chicken and 4 servings vegetables
- 1 ½ tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon ghee, melted and divided
- 1 medium head cauliflower, about 1 lb., stem removed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, quartered if large
- 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about ½ lb. total
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry OR cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For lunch:
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed well, halved and cut into ½” thick half-moons
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, 1 tablespoon ghee, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the sheet pan. Toss with your hands to coat evenly. Spread cauliflower and sprouts out in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, 1 teaspoon ghee, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Toss to combine and add to the sheet pan on top of the vegetables. Roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear when cut into from the bottom.
- While the chicken and vegetables roast, line another small baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add sweet potato pieces, ½ tablespoon ghee, and a pinch each salt and pepper and toss with your hands to coat evenly. Spread sweet potato pieces out in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast, turning halfway through, until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the rest of the meal is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together shallot, thyme, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil until emulsified. Add a pinch each salt and pepper and whisk again. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired.
- Place ¼ of the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts on each of two plates. Top with a chicken thigh and drizzle 1 tablespoon of dressing over each. Serve.
- Portion remaining cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, along with sweet potatoes, into each of two airtight containers with lids. Divide dressing evenly over each portion and toss to coat. Refrigerate for lunch tomorrow.