Spinach Berry Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes / Soak Time: Overnight
Makes 4 servings, about 4 cups
Nutrition Corner: Cinnamon
Cinnamon is an excellent source of antioxidants, contains anti-inflammatory properties, and can help balance blood sugar levels. There are two main types of cinnamon used today: Ceylon cinnamon and Cassia cinnamon. While Cassia cinnamon is more common, I opt for Ceylon cinnamon because it has been shown to contain more of cinnamon’s health promoting compounds.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 2-4 drops stevia, to taste, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to reach desired consistency. Transfer to glasses or mason jars to take to-go.