Spinach & Cheese Eggs with Almond Bread
Active Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 3 whole eggs, plus ½ beaten egg, left over from Day 6 (or another whole egg)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 packed cups roughly chopped spinach (about 2-3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta OR shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pinch fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to finish
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- 4 slices almond bread, lightly toasted (If you did not make this on Prep Day, see the Other tab for the recipe.)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, softened
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, water, spinach, feta, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium-low heat until melted. Add the egg mixture and stir once. Cook 1 minute and then gently push the outer edges of the eggs toward the center, forming curds. Let cook another minute and repeat. Repeat until the eggs are no longer runny and large curds have been formed. Remove from the heat.
- Spread ½ tablespoon butter on each piece of almond bread.
- Serve ½ of the eggs and 2 pieces of bread per person.