Spring Cleaning Tonic
Active Time: 5 minutes / Requires overnight steeping
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Chlorophyll
Spring is the season of re-birth and new beginnings. We are awakened from our winter hibernation and our bodies are ready to spring into motion. The spring season is the ideal time to maximize our bodies’ ability to cleanse and detoxify. Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants. This phytonutrient helps to cleanse the liver, remove bodily toxins, and promote detoxification. Chlorophyll has also been linked to increased wound healing, skin protection, and weight management, and is cancer fighting.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons liquid chlorophyll
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 cups sparkling water (this can be added with the other ingredients, or added just before consumption)
- Add filtered water and leaves to a sealable container and let steep in the fridge overnight.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mint water and mix together with a spoon. Divide into 2 to-go containers or mason jars. Mix again before drinking.
- Feel free to eat the mint leaves!