Spring Green Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- ½ cup sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, or sunflower sprouts are all tasty!)
- 2 celery stalks, cut into fourths
- 2 cups spinach 1/2 large avocado
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 apple, core removed
- 6-8 drops stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups water, plus more if needed to facilitate blending
- Ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Add additional water if needed to reach desired consistency. Pour into 2 glasses or to-go containers.
Nutrition Corner: Sprouts
Sprouting plant-based foods such as vegetable seeds, beans, lentils, and peas is the best way to make sure they are digestible and that our body is able to absorb and benefit from their nutrients. Sprouts contain concentrated amounts of phytonutrients as well as high levels of vitamins and minerals. In addition, the process of sprouting vastly increases the quantity of nutrients present, compared to their un-sprouted seed counterparts.