Spring is Getting Closer! Salad with Strawberry-Lime Dressing
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: none / Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Raw Honey
Raw honey contains hundreds of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other health promoting bioactive compounds. Compared to many other sweeteners, raw honey has a low effect on blood sugar and has the capability to counteract the negative effects of sugar. Raw honey is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, promotes digestive and immune system health, and helps to alleviate allergies. When buying raw honey, select the darkest honey available, and remember to never heat raw honey because this destroys many of its health promoting compounds.
- For the dressing:
- 6 strawberries, stemmed and chopped
- Zest and juice of a lime, plus more to taste
- ½-1 teaspoon raw honey, to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 8 thin raw asparagus spears, cut on a diagonal into ¼” thick slices
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 strawberries, stemmed and sliced or chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 thin slices Prosciutto di Parma or ham of your choice, torn into pieces
- Place the 6 strawberries in a medium bowl and mash well with the tines of a fork. Use the fork to whisk in the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust any flavors so that the dressing has a sweet-tart balance. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups lettuces on each of two plates. Top each evenly with remaining ingredients. Spoon over the dressing and serve.