Spring Mojito Smoothie
Active Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Corner: Sprouts
Sprouting plant-based foods such as vegetable seeds, beans, lentils, and peas is the best way to make sure they are digestible and that our body is able to absorb and benefit from their nutrients. Sprouts contain concentrated amounts of phytonutrients as well as high levels of vitamins and minerals. In addition, the process of sprouting vastly increases the quantity of nutrients present, compared to their un-sprouted seed counterparts.
- ½ cup sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, or sunflower sprouts are all tasty!)
- 2 celery stalks, cut into fourths
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 apple, core removed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups water, plus more if needed to facilitate blending
- Ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a glass or a mason jar to take to-go.