Spring Vegetable Rösti with Poached Farm Eggs
Active Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thick half-moon slices
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 shallots, sliced thick
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 quart water
- 2 eggs
- Optional to garnish: parsley, avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl with coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread on a non-stick baking sheet or line a baking sheet with all natural parchment paper first. Roast in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown but are still slightly firm.
- Bring water and lemon juice to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Gently add cracked eggs to water and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and pat on a kitchen towel to remove any excess water.
- Divide vegetables on two plates. Top with poached eggs. Fresh chopped herbs are a nice touch to finish this dish. Some of my favorites are parsley and tarragon.