“Spring Will Come” Salad
Active Time: 30 minutes / Cook Time: none / Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 small head butter/Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 strawberries, quartered
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 4 slices roasted sliced turkey breast, chopped
- ½ cup Maple Shallot Vinaigrette (if you didn’t make this on Prep Day, see the Other tab for the recipe)
- In a large bowl, lightly toss together the lettuce, arugula, zucchini, radishes, and ½ of the scallions.
- Place ¼ of the lettuce mixture on each of two plates. Top each with: 1 scallion, ½ oz. goat cheese, 3 strawberries, 2 tablespoons pecans, and 1 slice of turkey.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad and serve.
- Divide remaining ingredients between two airtight containers for lunches tomorrow. Refrigerate until needed.