Squash Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes, Pesto, & White Beans with cucumber and avocado salad
Active Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 5-7 minutes / Total Time: 30-32 minutes
Makes 4 servings, plus leftover pesto for the freezer
Chef’s Tip: The leftover squash noodles are delicious cold or at room temperature. Do not overheat them, or you will lose the fresh, raw taste of the pesto.
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized (approximately 4-6 cups noodles)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 cups basil leaves
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 12 small cloves garlic
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ to 2 cups olive oil, depending on desired consistency
Cucumber and Avocado Salad:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch each of sea salt and pepper
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, and diced (plus leftover avocado from yesterday)
- 1 cucumber, halved and cut into half-moons
- In a food processor, add basil and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper). Pulse until chopped. With the motor running, stream in olive oil. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the cucumber and avocado salad. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add avocado and cucumber and toss. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil. Add cherry tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add squash noodles and toss to coat with the oil; add a splash of water if the pan seems dry. Cook, tossing, 2-3 minutes or until squash starts to tenderize. Stir in ½ cup pesto, tossing continuously so that the squash noodles are coated. Add cannellini beans until warmed through, 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and toss with more pesto, if desired.
- Package 2 servings of squash noodles and salad for lunch tomorrow. Serve and enjoy the other two servings.
- Freeze ½ cup pesto to be used on Week 2, Day 5 for dinner and ½ cup pesto to be used Week 3, Day 4 for lunch.